Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Countdown to Springer


(via Trail Journals)

Tough to put a countdown together when you don't have a starting date, right?

I intend to start my AT thru-hike in early- to mid-February.  Actual start date will depend on transportation to north Georgia and weather forecasts.

I hope to be on the trail no later than the 15th, or around three months from now.

"Paul" posted recently on the question "Should you tell people that you're hiking the Appalachian Trail?  What if you fail?"  Read it here.

Roughly 70-80% of attempted AT thru-hikes end in failure. Or, rather, only 20-30% of folks planning to hike the entire AT in one calendar year finish. Should we, the upcoming class of 2015 (or ’16, ’17, etc), even tell people about our plans? What if we fail?!

Too late for me to ask that question, since I've told quite a few people already...

No comments:

Post a Comment