Thursday, February 5, 2015

Too Late for Me


I semi-trained for the AT thru-hike.  Went on four-mile hikes and hit the elliptical for one-hour stints.  Guess I should have gotten this advice before all that:


And if you need one final bit of demotivation regarding exercise, keep in mind that most healthy people aren’t any fun.  All they want to talk about is their Vegan Fitbit and their Broccoli Kale P90X smoothies and how many burpees they can do.  I don’t even know what a burpee is.  Until recently, I thought it had to do with vegetable seeds, but it’s apparently some sort of exercise.  Let those people get on out ahead of you.  Hike with my people.  Your people.  The alarmingly out of shape, mentally strong people.  We’ll see you out there!  Unless you start a day ahead of us, in which case we will never, ever, ever catch up to you.  So have a great hike!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your hike! I will never, ever, ever, catch up to you (April 1st start this time), but I appreciate the link to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bob , It will warm up before you know it. What a memorable trip. Oh , guess what, I just learned what a burpee is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bob! Isn't a burpee what our p.e. teachers called a squat thrust? Maybe political correctness forced a change in terminology.

    ReplyDelete